By making this yourself you can include all the bits you like and exclude the stuff you don’t like! There also won’t be any additional and unnecessary salt or sugar included.
Equipment required – container with lid
- oats (have two sorts for variety ie. jumbo and normal)
- bran flakes
- mixed seeds (including linseed for omega 3)
- mixed nuts
- any dried fruit you fancy such as sultanas, raisins, goji berries (which are a super food)
- The basic museli is the oats and bran; add the oats in equal portions and for the crushed bran flakes measure a third of whatever amount of oat you used.
- Crush three handfuls of mixed nuts and seeds.
- Add three handfuls of mixed dried fruit.
- Put the lid on the container and shake until all ingredients are mixed up.
- Look at the balance of the contents. Add in any additional ingredients that you fee like.
- Serve with non dairy milk or yoghurt and additional fresh fruit such as berries. Delish!