Heavenly Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup
March 2, 2009
: 1 hr
- a medium butternut squash
- 2 medium peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 ltr of vegan bouillon stock
- Step 1 Pre heat oven to 180ºC.
- Step 2 Chop the potatoes and butternut squash, add to baking tray with olive oil bake for 45min to 1 hr.
- Step 3 Cut the onion into quarters, add onion and celery to baking tray after 30 minutes.
- Step 4 Once cooked veggies have cooled add to liquidiser with 1/2 stock.
- Step 5 Pulse to desired consistency adding remaining stock as required.
- Step 6 Serve with a swirl of vegan cream, sprig of basil and some fresh bread.
- Step 7 Tip – Add the stock slowly, it’s easier to make a soup thinner than thicker!