Cauliflower Macaroni & Cheese
March 13, 2009
Leave out out the cauliflower for a more traditional recipe.
- 1 cup of macaroni
- one small whole head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- pinch tumeric
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Step 2 Cook pasta and cauliflower (I do this in the same pan), once cooked reserve 1 1/2 cups of the water.
- Step 3 Melt the margarine in a pan and add the garlic.
- Step 4 Beat in the flour to form a paste, then stir in the 1 1/2 cups of water, salt, soy sauce and tumeric.
- Step 5 Whisk till it starts to thicken then add the oil and nutrional yeast.
- Step 6 Mix the sauce with the marcaroni and cauliflower in an oven proof dish and bake for 15 minutes.