Leek and Potato Soup
October 14, 2009
: 20 min
I like simple, easy cooking, like you don't already know this! This soup can be whipped together in 20 minutes warming your tummy in no time at all.
- 1 large leek
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 stick celery
- 500 ml veggie stock
- salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- Step 1 Heat the oil in the saucepan.
- Step 2 Add all chopped veggies, season & stir so that all the veggies are coating in oil.
- Step 3 Cover the pan and let the veggies sweat for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 4 Add 500ml veggie stock & cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Step 5 Blend 3/4 of the soup until smooth then add back to the rest of the soup in the pan. This gives nice chunky bits in it.
- Step 6 Serve with chunky bread. YUM!