26th October 2009
Saturday I finally tested out a couple of recipes using some lovely lovely vegan white chocolate. After tasting a sample last month, Sasha already made some plain and white chocolate mini muffins for the stall last week.
My dark chocolate molten lava cupcakes always go down well so I was very eager to try out a white version. I used less sugar in the cupcake batter because white chocolate tends to be very sweet. They actually did erupt and some of the chocolate escaped from the top and overspilled onto the baking tray just like mini volcanos. Therefore I should not really have been surprised when I cut into one all excitedly and there was no chocolate inside! This will have to remain a work in progess for the time being…
Here is another recipe that is definitely a lot more successful these will be available this weekend if you can’t get your hands on some white choc to make your own:
Caramel Mud Cakes
- 125g margarine
- 100g white chocolate
- 75g brown sugar (double this if you are going to eat without frosting)
- 90g golden syrup
- 160ml ‘milk’
- 1 tbsp ground golden flax seeds
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 160 and line baking tray with cases.
- In a small saucepan melt the marg, chocolate, syrup and brown sugar, once smooth remove from heat and cool.
- Sift all the dry ingredients, add the water and ground flax seed to the melted liquid, then poor into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour batter into the cases and bake for 20 mins.
- Top with vanilla frosting.