Asian Tofu Steaks
January 6, 2010
By marinating plain tofu you can turn a dull lump of tofu into a tasty tofu steak. Enough to add a bit of excitement to any stir fry!
- 4 x 1cm thick slices of extra firm tofu
- handful of chopped corriander
- 1/2 fresh chilli chopped (to taste)
- 1 inch fresh grated chilli
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- salt & pepper to season
- Step 1 Add each piece of tofu into some tupperware so that it is flat on the bottom.
- Step 2 Add all other ingredients to the tupperware.
- Step 3 Let them marinate for at least an hour but preferably longer and rotate the tofu so that both sides get covered in the marinade
- Step 4 Heat a frying pan. When it is hot add some oil and the tofu. Fry on a medium to high heat until the outside crispens.
- Step 5 Serve with stir fry veg.