Earl Grey Cupcakes
February 23, 2010
: 22 min
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp loose earl grey tea leaves
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Vanilla icing (or replace vanilla extract with lemon extract)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC, line baking tray with cases.
- Step 2 Heat the milk in a saucepan with the tea leaves, once boiled leave for 10 mins. Using a tea strainer strain the milk and discard the leaves, add more milk if you have less than 1 cup.
- Step 3 Whisk the sugar, oil, yogurt, earl grey milk and vanilla.
- Step 4 Sift the dry ingredients into the wet and mix.
- Step 5 Bake for 22 mins.
- Step 6 Wait till the cakes are completely cool before icing.