27th August 2010
… you get a Jam Donut Cupcake.
I had been looking forward to having a bit of a detox after returning from me hols, but it would seem Sash had other plans for me. When I was told we would be making vegan donuts today I conceded, because I am a good little vegan. 🙂 I thought I might as well start the healthy eating on Monday so whipped up some Gluttonous Vegan macaroni cheese. Stodge for main and stodge for pud yeah!
As it was out first time we experimented with making ring, glazed, jam filled and chocolate filled versions.
Jam Donut Cupcakes
- 1 cup ‘milk’
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup oil + 2 tbsp
- 1/2 cup sugar + 2 tbsp
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 12 donut holes
- strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, line baking tray with cases.
- Mix the cinnamon with the 2 tbsp of oil and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Combine the milk, the sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Sift all the dry ingredients, add the milk mixture. Mix well.
- Fill the cupcake cases with the batter, then split the cinnamon mixture between the cupcakes and swirl it into the batter using a chopstick.
- Bake for 22 mins.
- Wait for the cupcakes to cool before frosting. Top the icing with a small dollop of the jam then place a donut hole on top.