Asparagus, Spinach & Mozzarella Risotto
January 1, 2011
- 6 aspargus spears
- 3 handfuls spinach
- 1 onion
- knob margarine
- 150g risotto rice
- 0.5 litres stock
- 50ml white wine (Sainsbury’s label all their vegan wines)
- vegan mozzarella (optional)
- Step 1 Place the spears in a pan with just enough water to cover. Cook for 3-4 mins till tender, remove the asparagus, slice and save the water they were cooked in.
- Step 2 Heat your pan and add the margarine and fry the onions. Add the rice and stir so the grains soak up the melted margarine.
- Step 3 Pour in the wine, then gradually add in the stock a little at a time. If you find the rice is still not soft enough after all the stock is gone, use the asparagus water.
- Step 4 Add the spinach and asparagus.
- Step 5 Finally take two handfuls of the mozzarella per person which you stir through till it’s melted.