'Chicken' Caesar Salad
February 23, 2011
This receipe was sponsored by Fry's Family Foods
- 1 iceberg lettuce (or cos/romaine or any other crisp lettuce)
- Fry's chicken strips or a smoked tofu like Taifun's
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup eggless mayo (I use Plamil)
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp caper paste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- tortilla chips
- Step 1 In a blender blitz the pine nuts and garlic into a paste (alternatively you can mince the garlic and leave the pine nuts whole).
- Step 2 Mix together the mayo, mustard, caper paste, nutritional yeast and lemon juice then add the pine nut mixture.
- Step 3 Cook the strips per the instructions, whilst this is cooking chop the lettuce.
- Step 4 Once the ‘chicken’ is cooked add to the lettuce and toss in the dressing.
- Step 5 Instead of the traditional croutons, crush the tortilla chips into smaller pieces and sprinkle over the top. They are also pretty tasty once a bit soggy from the dressing so feel free to mix them into the salad also.