- 90g oats
- 150 ml 'milk'
- Gingerbread cookies (recipe below)
- 4 apricots or dates chopped into teeny tiny pieces
- Step 1 First make the cookies, this is done best the night before unless you don’t mind waiting for them to cool down before you can crush them up to go in the porridge.
- Step 2 Crush or blitz the cookies once cooled (leave some to eat whole too!).
- Step 3 Add the crushed cookie to the oats and add the dried fruit.
- Step 4 Add your choice of ‘milk’ and microwave for 1.5 – 2 minutes keeping an eye on it.
- Step 5 Sprinkle some more crushed cookies on the top once it is cooked.
Gingerbread Men (Sugar Free)
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1/2 tbsp molasses
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 tbs flax seeds
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.25 cups flour
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 160ºC
- Step 2 Mix all the wet ingredients then stir in the dry
- Step 3 You can use an ice cream scoop to portion out the cookie dough, this mixture makes about 9 thick cookies. Or to make gingerbread man, flatten the scoop of dough and use a cookie cutter
- Step 4 Bake for 18 minutes
- Step 5 Once cooked transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool