April 20, 2011
- Sharwoods Thai green curry paste (this is not spicy at all so add chilli if you like some heat)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 320g butternut squash
- 100g mixed veggies (anything you like I used mange tout, baby sweet corn and broccoli)
- 2 medium carrots
- 200g kale
- 5/6 mushrooms
- 2 pinches mixed dried herbs
- Serve with your choice of grain, I made the quinoa pilaf recipe from PCRM
- Step 1 First get your grain on, you don’t have to just stick with rice try quinoa or millet.
- Step 2 Slice the carrots and fry in a large pan, when they start to soften add the butternut squash, then the paste and coat the vegetables in it.
- Step 3 Add the coconut milk and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, the carrots and butternut squash should be soft now.
- Step 4 I like my mange tout etc crunchy so add these in now and cook for another 7 minutes.
- Step 5 In a seperate pan stir fry the kale which I left plain and mushrooms to which I added some herbs and paprika.
- Step 6 Place your grain of choice in the bottom of the bowl, top with the curry and the kale and mushrooms.