Triple layer brownie
October 30, 2011
: 18 min
I like to use Ms Cupcake's brownie from her book Naughtiest Cakes in Town.
- Your favourite browine receipe
- FOR THE OAT LAYER
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar (you can use granulated but the oat layer may be ‘crunchy’ but I quite like this).
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup melted ‘margarine’
- FOR THE TOPPING
- 3/4 cup chocolate (I find plain dark too bitter for this and use Plamil no added sugar dairy free chocolate), melted
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Step 2 Combine dry ingredients for the oat layer, add the butter then press flat into a baking pan (I use a 18 inch square silcone pan) and bake for 18 mins.
- Step 3 Prepare your brownie mix, and once the oat layer is done spoon the mixture over the top (in the same pan!) and bake as required.
- Step 4 Once the brownies are cooled you can top with the melted chocolate.
- Step 5 Wait for the top layer of chocolate to set before slicing.