Caramel Popcorn (Sugar Free)
November 24, 2011
- 100g popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp oil or melted margarine
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Step 1 Cook the popcorn per instructions. I was cooking this in batches of 50g until I realised my frying pan was big enough to do larger batches, make sure yours has a lid of course or it could be Popcorn Armageddon!
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 150ºC.
- Step 3 Combine the other ingredients and whisk together until well mixed.
- Step 4 Spread out out the cooked popcorn on a large baking tray evenly and drizzly the ‘caramel’ mixture over it.
- Step 5 Massage that popcorn like it’s never been massaged before and try to coat all the popcorn. Then spread it all out again in one even layer.
- Step 6 Pop (ha ha) the popcorn in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Step 7 If like me sweet and salty is your thang you can sprinkle some Himalayan pink salt (or regular table salt) over the top once it’s out of the oven.