26th February 2013
Swap update time, thankfully I managed to hold of giving birth until I had sorted out the February swap. Yes all sorts of things go on behind the scenes at THV! And what a cracking swap it’s been, the gods of randomness paired me up with two swappers that I am aquainted with!
My parcel went out to Manchester and Caroline who blogs over at Tea and Sympatico. She has been swapping with us almost since the beginning, and I managed to send her a box of goodies filled with things she had never tried before. Don’t you just love it when a plan comes together? 😉
Lucky LUCKY me my parcel came from that pink haired wonder @pinkprimate. She’s one of the lovely vegans I have had the good fortune to get to know through Twitter/vegan events. My parcel was filled with homebaked goodies galore, sweet and savory. Getting something homemade was pretty exciting and has not happened that often for me and I think makes a food swap parcel really personal. I am hoping to do more of this in my parcels now I have some time(ish) on my hands. Yay for maternity leave!
- Herby mushroom slice – left slightly undercooked so I could reheat in the oven. This was a VERY welcome snack during one of my 4am wake ups (sleep and 9 months of pregnancy were not mixing well for me).
- Two types of flapjack – chocolate topped chai coconut flapjack and cocoa cherry.
- The apple, carrot and ginger breakfast biscuits were my favourite of the sweet goods you can find the recipe here.
- Plus a whole heap of other bits and bobs perfect for snacking.
- I would have also had raw crackers if not for an unforseen technical issue with a dehydrator. Damn you unforseen technical issue!
February 2013 Vegan Food Swap Blog Roll