17th September 2013 You have no doubt heard of Sweet Freedom, makes of a natural vegan sweetner made from fruit. They have a new product called Choc Shot, which they kindly sent to us for review.
Tag: sugar free
Gingerbread Men Granola
April 11, 2010
: 18 min
- 2 tbsp oil
- 125ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g oats
- 50g desicated coconut
- 5/6 gingerbread men (recipe here)
- Feel free to add any seeds or nuts, I leave these out because my son has a nut allergy
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 150ºC.
- Step 2 Mix together all the wet ingredients well.
- Step 3 Add the oats and coat them evenly.
- Step 4 Spread the oat mixture on a large baking tray.
- Step 5 The key to crunchy granola is to cook it until the point just before it burns. If you do not cook it enough it will go soggy. In my oven this takes about 24 minutes. I would suggest setting your timer for 18 minutes and after that if it is still not ready keep checking regularly till all the oats are golden brown and crispy.