Adapted from this recipe
Serves 4 (as a side)
- 1/2 cup millet rinsed and drained
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Vecon (or any other no/reduced salt stock)
- small tin sweetcorn drained
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- handful chopped sundried tomatoes (I like Merchant Gourmet as the only ingredient is tomatoes, nothing else)
- 1 avocado peeled and diced
- Toast the millet in a dry pan for 10 minutes, this enhances the nutty flavour.
- Add the water and bring to the boil.
- add the Vecon then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Transfer the millet to a bowl to cool and then add the lemon juice, sundried tomatoes, sweetcorn and olive oil.
- Only add the avocado before serving as it will turn brown if put in too early.