UK Vegan Food Swap
What it is:
Every month you are assigned a partner to send a parcel of vegan goodies to and in return you receive your own parcel of surprise delights!
How it works:
- The Vegan Food Swap is open to bloggers and non-bloggers alike. Sign up by completing the form at the bottom of this page. (Sign up by 5th of the month to swap in that month).
- Around the 6th you will receive the Confirmation Email, requesting that you confirm your participation within 24 hours. If you do not respond to this email you will not be able to take part.
- About the 8th of the month, you’ll receive an e-mail containing the list of Vegan Food Swap matches. You will need to contact them to get their postal address and any food specifics (allergies, gluten-free, etc.). You must do this within 72 hours or they will be assigned a new partner and you will not be able to take part.
- Collect the items that you have purchased or made and box them up. The budget is £10 (this does NOT include postage), please try to make your parcel up to the value of this amount as closely as possible.
- This is a vegan food swap so please make sure everything is. In respect of the many vegans who do not consume honey please avoid any items which contain this ingredient even if you yourself do eat it. You will also need to take into account any allergy requests. Also check that items will still be well within their best before date when they eventually reach your partner.
- Like many “food penpal” programs, this relies on participants to collect interesting/local food goodies each month, pack them up, and post them to their designated partner.
- Make it personal and include a note to your match. You can explain why you chose certain items, offer suggestions on pairings, or include a recipe.
- By the posting deadline (around the 15th), post your package of vegan mystery and delight to your Vegan Food Swap match. We strongly suggest you get a proof of postage in case your parcel goes astray.
- On the last day of the month, post an entry on your blog about what you received, and be sure to share the vegan love and include a shout-out to the person who sent you the box.
We will assume you want to participate every month. If you wish to opt-out for a month, or stop participating entirely, let us know. If you do not inform us, and do not respond to the Confimation Email you will be removed from the list permanently.
Please, please , please, play nice:
We are happy vegans and we like to stay that way, when you sign up you agree to send out a package, let’s not ruin it for everyone by not doing that okay?! Should you not receive your package, and we cannot 100% guarantee you will, THV cannot be held responsible. If this does happen be the bigger vegan and try not to let it make you too mad but do let us know and we will give the non sender a verbal spanking of their naughty little bottom.
* The Vegan Food Swap is open to all residents of the UK 18 years of age or older.